COVID-19 - Risk Control Measures
Visitors may wish to be made aware of COVID-19 risk management controls that are currently in place. Your safety is our concern and the measures we have introduced are under constant review. We welcome your suggestions!
COVID-19 is a virus that is spread in minute water droplets that are expelled from the body through sneezing, coughing, talking and breathing. The virus can be transferred to the hands and from there to surfaces. It can survive for a period after transfer depending on such things as the surface type, its moisture content and temperature. While many survive infection, some may die from the disease and it should therefore be regarded as a serious hazard.
We are a small dedicated team and we may have to close at short notice if any of us develops symptoms of the disease. We would therefore appreciate your patience if your visit takes slightly longer than usual while we endeavour to limit the risk for all concerned. Please help us by complying with the two meter rule and ensuring coughs and sneezes are smothered by tissue or arm. Bin used tissues safely.
- There is provision for a maximum of three clients on the premises at any one time.
- During busy periods, queue spacings over two meters apart are marked outside within the clinic's boundaries.
- Signs are provided to request advice if accompanied by children.
- Children must be under the contol of their guardian at all times.
- Door signage requests non-admittance to anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Inside our clinic markings indicate client flow to maximise distancing.
- Hand wash and tissues are readily available.
- Fabric seating is cordoned off from use.
- Clients and staff are protected at reception by a perspex barrier.
- Signs promote the use of hand wash, and card instead of cash payments.
- The contactless limit is currently £45.00.
- A cleaning schedule is carried out prior to opening and records kept.
- Hand rails, the payment pinpad, pens and clipboards are wiped most frequently.
- Further cleaning of regularly touched surfaces continues thoughout the clinic session.
- The toilet is cleaned after every user.
- All hand drying provision has been removed except disposable paper towels.
- Staff are reminded to hand wash regularly.
- Mask and gloves are used by all staff..
- Damp masks should be replaced.
- Internal doors remain open where possible to minimise contact with door handles.
- Recommended hand rub/wash advice is posted.
- New clients are instructed and asked to weigh themselves, measure their own height and take blood pressure.
- Hand rub is recommended after each procedure.
- Clients are protected from close contact with the doctor by remote seating and a perspex barrier.
- Windows are opened in warm weather to increase ventilation.
- Contact with client files is restricted to staff only.